Thursday, January 3, 2019

L'Oréal Paris Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Water Mousse


I have ghostly white skin, which in fact I cherish, so I avoid ever going out in the sun without my skin drenched in sunscreen. When it comes to tanning, I have never used a tanning bed nor have the desire to fry my skin in the sun. That said, I have occasionally dipped my toe into using self-tanning products and so I was intrigued to try out L'Oréal's new Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Water Mousse.


I may be a novice when it comes to self-tanning products, but I think my biggest fears were staining anything I touched (clothes, beds, couches, etc.) and streaking. It’s interesting that this is a water mousse and in fact looks just like a foamy soap dispenser. The formula itself comes out in a transparent foam similar to soap as well.


It really only takes a couple of pumps to cover large areas and for this review I went all in. I did my entire legs, arms and décolletage area. I even made sure, as directed, to fully exfoliate my skin prior to applying this because I didn’t want any buildup. It’s directed that you wait 4-8 hours after applying before hopping into the shower, that way it has time to set on your skin and not wash away. It does take the full four hours for the color to start changing and it’s very subtle at first.


I didn’t feel any stickiness and only waited 3-5 minutes for it to settle on my skin before I dressed. I absolutely love that I experienced no transfer of the product onto my clothes nor my bed. The soft coconut scent is lovely, but it does stick around for quite a while. I love that it contains vitamin e and coconut that leaves your skin feeling soft and hydrated.


After the color started to appear, I did notice darker spots where it gathered by my wrists and ankles and a few areas where it streaked on the undersides of my wrists and arms. However, the streaking was very minimal and could be due to user error.


I think next time that I commit to using this, it would be with an application mitt and lotion in the darker areas to get more even coverage. The final color was a nice tan shade with a soft glow and not at all too orange. Furthermore, the reason I wouldn't repurchase is simply because L'Oréal is not a cruelty-free brand.

One Coat After 4 hours

Thank you for stopping by and reading!

This is a sponsored blog; Influenster provided VoxBox and all products to review as a member of Influenster.

#lorealsublimebronze #influenster #influenstervoxbox #selftanner #bronze #tanskin #glow #sublimebronze #watermousse #glowup #glowy #glowyskin #lorealparis #freeproducttesting #freebies #skincarelover #skincare #coconutwater #vitamine #coconut #drugstore #tryandreview #bblogger #bloglive #bodycare #beautyjunkie #igbeauty #glowandgo #sunlesstan



No comments:

Post a Comment