Sunday, November 6, 2016

Maybelline The Colossal Go Extreme Mascara

Excitedly I was able to try Maybelline's Jade The Colossal Go Extreme mascara in black. I have tried other mascaras from Maybelline and generally like them.

It appears that there are few different mascaras in the line of “Colossal” and this one is labeled Go Extreme volum express with Jade. I am not sure if this particular “Go Extreme” mascara is available or is discontinued since I couldn’t find the exact one to purchase online.

The packaging is nicely designed and its size and shape is exactly like their The Colossal Chaotic tube. The base of the wand with the two curves is like that of the Pumped Up mascara. The size of the actual wand/bristles is pretty large, but I am able to apply mascara into the corners where lashes are smaller.

I would say I have about average size and amount of lashes, but they are lighter and using mascara greatly improves the appearance. I feel like every application of the mascara is consistent and even, only a few times do I rarely get clumps and that’s at the tip of the wand. So when I do apply the wand to the short inner/outer of my lashes there is a greater chance of clumps. The amount of product is very thin and I find myself applying more like 4 coats to get a good coverage. I would say that the buildup is fair. With plenty of applications I can get my desired look for the most part.

The mascara dries fairly quickly and the pigmentation is jet black. If you do get a clump it’s easy to remove/clean up. I think the best part about this mascara is that it doesn’t feel heavy or clumpy on your lashes. Once dried your lashes feel natural and as if there isn’t product all over them.

Pros
Applies evenly
Lightweight
Waterproof
Smudge proof
Easy separation with comb/fingers
Rarely clumps
Inexpensive

Cons
Not as Extreme as I would have expected
Apply a lot of coats to get any effect/buildup
Brush is a bit large/chunky
Minimal Volume

I’d say the quality is good and it’s an inexpensive mascara that gets the job done. I think a possible improvement for the product is possibly a different formula that does boost the appearance of length and volume. Does not live up to its “Go Extreme” name. I also think the two waves/curves on the wand is just cosmetic and if more attention was paid to the bristle alignment and size it would be easier to get coverage.

Overall I would rate this mascara a 7 out of 10. I would consider this to be a reliable and inexpensive mascara that I could see buying again, but it wouldn’t be my first choice. I would recommend to anyone that is looking for a good drugstore mascara. It applies evenly and dries fairly quickly making it a staple in easy to use mascara.


Thank you #Toluna & #Maybelline
#gotitfree #Maybellinenewyork #maybellinemascara #mascara #beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment