Sunday, November 20, 2016

New Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash & Lotion Apricot & Honey

Being a part of Crowdtap I get to try new products I may have not otherwise been familiar with. I am familiar and love the brand Aveeno so I am excited to be able and try their new line of skin care that is made from yogurt and has active ingredients such as oatmeal.  

As part of this experience I was able to try both the Aveeno daily moisturizing body yogurt (lotion) and Aveeno daily moisturizing yogurt body wash. 

Both the body wash and lotion have the scent apricot and honey, a great combination for a fresh, sweet and enriched formula.

The lotion comes in a good size jar that is 7 oz and the body wash in a decent size 12 fl oz bottle. Both are recyclable, so do our planet some good and recycle if you are able (#2, #5).

As for the scent of both the fragrance was strongest in the containers, but the lotion's scent was stronger and lasted longer on the skin compared to the body wash. It's what I expected from the lotion rather than the body wash. The body wash's fragrance was very minimal after showering.

The feel and use of the body wash was that the texture of it was creamy, but it took a lot more product than I would like to get a nice lather. It was easy to spread and get a fair amount of product, but I wish that it came in a larger bottle because I feel like I could easily get through this body wash in no time. It washed off easily. 

The feel and use of the body lotion was a more luxurious experience, I felt that the cool, creamy and watery texture of the lotion spreads easily. I am able to cover a lot of area with less product. There is an instant feeling of a cooling sensation. I don't know if this is true for everyone because I tried it on my boyfriend and he's like "I dunno", so helpful! lol. I however like the cooling sensation and think it's due to the active ingredients. The appearance of the lotion looked just like yogurt, but not the same for the body wash.


The results for the body wash is that I really liked using it and the minimal scent is nice especially for people who are sensitive to fragrances. I personally think that both smell more of apricot and only a hint of the honey. I personally love the scent. After showering I did notice a difference with my skin on the half that I used to the body wash compared to the other where I used nothing. My skin felt noticeably softer, cool, and moisturized

As for the results of the lotion I can still smell and feel the lotion after hours of use with only one application. My skin feels instantly more smooth and nourished and just like the body wash I compared using only this lotion against using nothing and I love the results. You can still see a slight sheen and feel the softness of my skin where I used the lotion.

Great tips is that you can use both the body wash and lotion for shaving your legs to get enriching results. Usually my legs feel raw after shaving but I notice a great deal after using the body wash/lotion combo. 

Overall using one or the other or both together you will see results. Just remember if you are taking a sniff of it in the store neither of the products are as strong as the fragrance compacted into the containers. I can see giving these as a gift set for this upcoming Christmas or as a stocking stuffer. 











No comments:

Post a Comment